blue cow moo wonders .... and knits and crochets

Folksy Listing

Thursday 6 March 2014

Skep


Humans have been trying to harvest honey for thousands of years. Skeps have been used as a rudimentary hive for at least 2,000 years. Essentially they are baskets made from wicker or straw placed open-end down. So when I made a crochet bee for my Spring Beasties Headband my daughter suggested I make a beehive hat so that bees had somewhere to live. I am really pleased with the end results - the hat was a fairly simple make once I'd found the right stitch pattern but the booties took a little longer as I kept refining the design as I made the pair. They have a simple crochet edging that looks a little like a leaf.

So, I am proud to present the Skep Hat and Booties:


They are available with and without bees:


No comments: