blue cow moo wonders .... and knits and crochets

Folksy Listing

Tuesday 21 October 2008

Gloves Off








I've knitted mittens (with and without thumbs) for the girls, but decided I'd try some grown up gloves with fingers and everything. I've made a pair of fingerless gloves in left over wool from Jojo's ballet leg warmers and I'm one glove in to a pair of a fully fingered gloves.

I fear this could become a bit of an addiction - even though I currently don't wear gloves all that often. I think it's partly they knit up quickly, you can see their shape as you go and they don't take up vast quantities of yarn.

Pattern adaptation:
  • c/o 34 stitches & reduced to 30 at beginning of cable row.
  • after first cable repeat reduced cable pattern to 9 rows
  • total of 3 cable repeats
Edging: c/o 6 stitches - pattern repeated 6 times
  1. K2, P2, K2
  2. P2, K2, P2
  3. K2, P2, K2
  4. P2, K2, P2
  5. K2, YF, P2TOG, K2
  6. P2, K2, P2
Edging sewed to cast on edge of gloves - and thumb seams stiched be measuring.

2 comments:

Sally said...

These are lovely, I've surfed over to your blog from Mike's blog ( trained with him at ERMC). I wish I was that creative...

Jupops said...

Those gloves are fabulous! I love them!